Thrive is non-profit and adopted remote-working for minimal running costs long before the COVID-19 global pandemic made that mainstream. Our five directors communicate with each other from anywhere on their laptops and phones.
Thrive directors have skills of:
- Professionalism in aid – grant management, project design & management, partner development;
- Multiple sectors – with special interests in women’s and girls’ rights, mitigating climate change, Fair Trade, and media.
Thrive directors are:
- Ms Mwayi Chirwa (lecturer, Environmental Management, University of Livingstonia, Malawi),
- Ms Chipiliro Kansilanga (media & communications specialist, African Union, Cameroon),
- Ms Alison Napier (senior M&E consultant, INTRAC, in development since 1994),
- Dr Cathy Ratcliff (development generalist since 1992, development discourse analyst),
- Ms Liz Sams (CA, Chief Finance and Operations Officer at Foundation Scotland).
A chartered accountant oversees Thrive’s financial management.