THRIVE IN A NUTSHELL:
- Thrive was founded in 2016 to model value-for-money remote working in international development.
- Thrive was from its start an early promoter of thoughtful language to decolonise development.
- From 2017 to 2020, we developed community forestry in 21 Malawian schools.
- From 2019 to 2021, we helped Malawian rice-farmers’ association KASFA join the World Fair Trade Organisation.
- Our 2021 video of women in Malawi affected by climate change won the Mitigation (video) category of the annual photography exhibition of Scotland’s International Development Alliance.
- In 2021 we advised 5 Scottish Fair Trade organisations on optimising relations with their suppliers in Kenya, South Africa, Rwanda, Ecuador and Bangladesh.
- Thrive promotes women and girls; all our people are women.
Thrive directors live in Cameroon (Yaoundé), Malawi (Livingstonia) and Scotland (Lochaber, Glencoe and Edinburgh).
Thrive is a board member of Scotland’s International Development Alliance.